After months of speculation and rumors, the iPhone 7 has officially been announced. Here’s a run down of everything new on it.
Video: Introducing iPhone 7
Video: iPhone 7 Design
Video: Introducing AirPods
Video: The Complete Apple WWDC 2016 Keynote
IPhone 7 The Design
- The iPhone 7 will come in a new aluminium design. It comes with a high gloss jet black color and this time there are no antenna lines.
- Another black color is available which is a bit on the lighter side.
- A new home button has also been added that is customizable with new features added like feedback feature.
- The iPhone 7 is also dust and water proof.
- IPhone 7 will also come in Rose Gold, Gold and Silver.
- 25% brighter display has been added which supports 3D touch.
IPhone 7 Camera
- The iPhone 7 has received a boost to its camera. A new sensor has been added to steady shaking hands with a more wider lens this time around.
- For all you selfie crazed peeps out there, a front facing camera of 7 megapixels has also been added.
- 1.8 aperture lens with six element design.
- 12 megapixels sensor that is 60% faster
- Quad LED flash with 50% light output. This will detect flickering of energy within efficient lights.
The new iPhone 7+ will have dual cameras. One is wide angled the other is telephoto.
IPhone 7 Other Features
- Iphone 7 no longer has a headphones jack. The headphones will now use the Lightning port instead of a jack. Apple will place a lightning port adapter inside the phone box.
- Stereo speakers have also been added on the phone which means better and louder sound. One speaker is at the top, the other is at the bottom.
IPhone 7 Performance
- New a10 fusion chip will now power the iphone. It is 40% faster than the A9 and 2x faster than the A8 chips.
- The A10 chip is a four core processor with two cores running at high efficiency.
- The new iPhone 7 also carries a better battery with longer life.
IPhone 7 Cost And Availability
- The iPhone 7 will cost same as the 6S, starting at $649
- The phone will be available in sizes 32 GB, 128GB and 256GB. 16GB version has completely been ditched.
- iPhone 6S+ is sticking around for another year with increased storage capacities. It will now have 32 and 128GB models.
- The iPhone 7 will start at $769
- The iPhone 7 and 7+ are ready to be preordered on 9th September. They will be shipping from September 16th.
New Apple Product Announced – The Apple Airpods
- The Apple Airpods are wireless headphones that will be sold separately.
- The Airpods come with an infra red sensors that only allow the headphones to play sound when they are in your ear.
- You can also double tap the Airpods to activate SIRI.
- The Airpods will come with a charging case with 24 hours of additional battery charge available.
- A single charge will give 5 hours of playback.
- The Airpods will retail for $159. Available in Late October.
Nintendo’s Miyamoto Was Live At The Event
All you gamers out there, incase you missed it, Nintendo’s very own Shigeru Miyamoto was live at the conference today. He came on to announce a new Mario game which will arrive first on iPhone.
The new game is titled ‘Super Mario Run’. It is a similar game to most runner games you may have already played. Think Temple Run with Mario theme but with a lot more unique and new features added. For one, you will be able to build a mushroom kingdom by collecting coins.
The game will not be a ‘free to play title’. You’ll pay a fix amount and then can play for as long as you like. The game will be made available during the holiday season this year.
iMessage stickers are also coming with iOS 10.